Monday, December 26, 2011

Overwhelming Surprise

So I was very scared and concerned when I found out that I was pregnant a 3rd time in a year. Not planning for it to happen AT ALL. I had gone to a geneticist and she was running some blood tests on me that still hadn't come back from the lab.
Finally she called me a couple days after I found out I was pregnant and told me everything came back normal. I was relieved but also I little sad because I wanted something I could fix. Back to the not knowing why is always scary.
I would now like to take a moment and thank all my friends and family who have been with me and prayed for me through this drama filled year. It has been the longest year of my life.
Back to the story. I was worried so when I called the OBGYN I told them I wanted to see a dr. now and talk about my fears. I was only about 5 weeks and I realize they don't normally see you until 8ish but I needed to have a plan for my peace of mind.
Right before my appointment I stared spotting. I was having a bunch of friends over for dinner that night, after my appointment, so I was a little stressed about the bleeding, being that I couldn't really "take it easy". At least that's what I thought to myself. I went to the appointment and he told us... well not much really.... He of course had no answers, as there are none with things like this, and told us the others were probably random. How could they be?! I still can't get out of my mind that they were both 12 weeks old! That is just so odd to me! I told him about the spotting and he said to have my HCG levels checked (that's the pregnancy hormone that rises when you get pregnant for those that don't know) and to come back and have blood drawn on Monday (3 days later) and they should have doubled by then if everything is okay. Doug went away from it feeling better. I went away from it still feeling stressed and like everything is out of my control, I don't like things being out of my control.

When my blood test for HCG came back it looked normal. I played phone tag for the first part of the week with nurses trying to tell me it was normal and trying to get me in for an ultrasound. I got a call from them on Thursday (I was actually there to answer this one) and they tell me they can fit me in that day at 2:30. Not wanting to miss the chance I call Doug and see if he can watch the kids at work for me (what can I say? he works for the state). He says yes so off I go with a full bladder. I've had the ultrasound guy a couple times. He was the one that did my ultrasound telling me the last baby was gone. He's VERY quiet and doesn't like to share a lot of info. Nice enough though. After a potty break and a lot more measuring he's near the end when I think I see something odd up there. Looks to me like there is two sacks. This is at the end mind you. And I say "Do I see two up there?" His response? "that's what I see".... WHAT?!?!?! I NEVER thought that was a possibility. Probably why it took me so long to catch on. He measured TWO babies and I didn't even notice. I thought he was just doing it twice. LOL TWO BABIES!!!! Just breath Merry.... How is this happening? I was, to put it mildly...shocked. Could I be blessed this much? Could God really be this merciful to me? I can't do this to TWO babies if this happens again! LORD please help me!

Take baby steps, Merry.... baby steps....


1 comment:

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Muahaha! Okay, I find it mildly humourous that he measured BOTH sacs before you even noticed! LOL! I sooooo would have done that!

As for "why?" of the previous ones...only God knows...kind of a sucky response i know but one I kept telling myself. Maybe something would have been "wrong" with the baby...and God was just gracious and merciful. Maybe the timing wasn't right...maybe. Maybe. Maybe. So many maybe's and what if's. Been there done that.

BUT...God clearly had a surprise just waiting for you and Doug...remember Job? He was blessed with the same amount of children that he had lost during his trial. You too are experiencing this...Praise to God most high for His infinite wisdom, mercy and blessings.

These babies WILL stick. I just know it...and I will be holding you in my heart EXTRA hard when you get close to the 12 week mark. And I will rejoice when we get to meet Baby A and Baby B in about 7 1/2 months!

Love you oh so dearly...